4 Qualities Personal Trainers Can Learn From Quentin Tarantino

I like Quentin Tarantino; I like his movies, his attitude and his drive. He makes me excited about his work through his unbridled enthusiasm and he looks like he could be my next door neighbour...albeit the creepy one.

Anyway, my movie channel was on earlier while I was making dinner and there was an interview with Quentin about his latest film Inglorious Bastards and like always, he was on point and now I'm convinced that this film is the greatest movie ever made.

So I got to thinking, If Quentin was a personal trainer and he had the same energy and passion for health and fitness as he does for film, do you think he would be successful? You better believe it!

I did a little research on Mr. T and discovered a few interesting factoids which only supported my theory that he has qualities that a personal trainer could relate to and if used strategically, create a thriving and unique fitness business.

But first; watch this video so you have an idea what I'm talking about when it comes to his unwavering passion about his work and industry:


Man Of Many Talents

Looking over Quentins career, he has tried his hand at just about every avenue of the film making industry and uses these skills to oversee a movie from start to finish.

He also openly admits that he doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, that he has stolen material from every movie ever made to create his, which I relate to a personal trainer using tried and tested exercises, programming and nutritional support to help a client achieve their goals.

1. Diversification: Quentin is a man of many talents, he is first and foremost a director as well as an accomplished writer (did you know he was an uncredited re-writer of Crimson Tide and The Rock), actor and producer for both film and television.

A personal trainer should follow the same mindset in order to maximise potential income. Learn all you can about the industry and where you can create new streams of revenue.Try your hand at group fitness or write an ebook to sell.

2. Innovation: His films, while they may not be the digital spectacular of an Avatar movie, are always perfectly timed and cast to perfection. He switches things up at the right time and uses transitioning to keep the audience interested and challenged.

Take your clients on a fitness adventure. Every workout should lead into the next and the outcome is the result of carefully scripted sessions and innovating programming and support.

3. Consistency/Branding: You can generally spot a Tarantino influenced production fairly quickly by the content and structure of the film. Not only that, he often uses familiar faces in a lot of his films. Samuel L Jackson has appeared in 4 of Tarantino's films.

You too should be branding not only yourself but your service. Stay consistent with your basic training platform only changing enough to inspire and inject a hint of surprise to your clients workouts.

4. Self Belief: If you watched the interview above I don't need to remind you how passionate Quentin is about the work he does. Stand by your work and what you want to achieve. Believe in yourself and defend your decisions, if you're ever wrong admit you're wrong but always know that you gave everything 100%.

And in closing, as the great Tarantino says: "I want to top expectations. I want to blow you away."

Ben

Additional Reading:
Personal Trainers Should Create A Unique Experience For Their Clients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben