Many people dream of becoming astronauts, professional athletes and rock stars, but lets face the facts, the truly glamorous lifestyle is that of the humble personal trainer.
It’s up to us to dispel the myth that personal training is not as exclusive and rewarding as discovering new space rocks, or squirting Gatorade through a helmet in front of 80,000 fans or even being able to wear a mullet till your 45.
We get to wear nylon blend shorts to work, drink shakes and yell at helpless, exhausted housewives and CEO’s; what more could you possibly ask for?
While I was convinced they were enough reasons to skip space school for boot camp, I decided it was only fair to the thousands of astronauts reading this article that I should get investigative!
I didn’t even know how to spell astronaut before I began writing this article, I was convinced there was a ‘gh’ in there somewhere, but after arguing with ‘Word’s’ squiggly red line for a few minutes decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Behold my 9 other reasons (like I needed them)! So sit back and enjoy the ride as I crush the stereotype that would otherwise suggest that being an astronaut was any cooler than being a personal trainer:
1. Astronauts have to be able to count higher than 12!
2.
yes, well…moving right along
3. Russian personal trainers are still called personal trainers! (Russian’s call astronauts cosmonauts…)
4. I have to admit that floating would be a pretty cool thing to do as an astronaut, but personal trainers get to yell at housewives and CEO’s! (I know I said this twice, but it’s awesome!)
5. A slow motion food fight with protein paste would be as exciting as pumping up exercise balls…with your mouth!
6. Can’t walk around the mall in the middle of the day eating sushi in a space suit!
7. If a personal training client doesn’t like your style, it’s unlikely that they’ll lay eggs in your mouth and a slime baby will explode out of your stomach.
8. I guarantee that space helmets will flatten your sweet hairdo!
9. Personal trainers get to SHARE the experience of being on a high protein diet with their friends and colleagues! (Email me if you don’t get this one :)
Pretty conclusive if you ask me and if you do ask me, I will tell you that it’s pretty conclusive.
So there you have it; the next time your parents or partner or the kid at the newspaper stand suggest that you're not cool, or that personal training is for dropouts and ex junkies, just send them my way and I'll give them a bosu ball's load of knowledge!
Ben

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!
Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!
Ben