As mentioned in my newsletter last week, I've been interviewing some of the best personal trainers from around the world; some famous, some not so famous, but all incredibly gifted, motivated and adored by their clients and peers.
This week I'm excited to launch the my business is fitness personal trainer spotlight with one of Australia's best personal trainers, figure competitors and fitness industry ambassadors; Ellena Tsatsos.
(This interview was done via email for convenience.)
What type of personal training business are you currently operating Ellena?
Operating 'Body Proud Enterprises' through Doherty's Gym in Brunswick.
Why did you choose this particular location?
I found that Doherty's had a high rate of PT enquiries, reducing the need to advertise. The Overheads are low and the gym is close to home.
Have you tried or have you considered trying any other business models?
I tried outdoor training for a while; I found that it only suited a particular type of clientele.
What inspired you to become a personal trainer?
In 2007 I was competing overseas for a world title, I had my trainer there to guide and support me however I was left to do everything on my own. I wasn’t sure what or how I should be training, and what I should be eating. At that point I decided that I didn't need anyone and started doing some research to complete my journey. Once I got home I started studying personal training.
How well did your personal training accreditation course prepare you for the real world of operating a personal training business?
CAE did a thorough job in preparing me for the pt workforce. In saying that I had been training for a while at the gym that I ended up working for.
"I think many people who choose PT as a new career have never trained before, and there is only so much a course can prepare you for."
Do you specialize in a particular type of training for your clients/if so, why?
My training really depends on the client and their needs. 95% of my clientele want to lose weight and tone up; therefore training sessions are resistance and cardio based.
Could you briefly describe the last promotion you ran?
The most recent promotion was in house/word of mouth to my clients. I offered them a complimentary session for every friend they referred.
What type of marketing has had the greatest return in terms of new clients?
Word of mouth has been my biggest marketing tool. Also being a trainer that gets results, I’m often referred to by receptionists at the gym for new enquiries.
How important is your personal branding to your business?
It assisted me when I first started my business; however I have found that unless a potential client wants to compete, it doesn’t really matter. This is why I’ll be separating ellenatsatsos.com (Ellena's fitness model website) from bodyproudenterprises.com.au
Who do you most admire in business (anyone) and why?
Anyone who has done it on their own.
What advice would you give a new personal trainer just getting into the industry?
"If you’re passionate about the industry, hang in there. It may take a few months to get a steady clientele/income."
What is the best part of being a personal trainer?
Happy clients. I have had many clients who cannot look in the mirror, to see them evolve to confident and fit people is the most rewarding part of my job.
And of course, what is the toughest?
Changing the mindset of people who tend to be negative/un-motivated.
Is there one thing you would have done differently if you were starting all over again.
Nothing!
And finally; what is the best piece of business advice you have ever received?
Starting this business is something that I have done on my own without any assistance. I have always been prepared and honest with myself about the business. It’s all about trial and error and reviewing your business model every now and then.
Thank you
Ellena Tsatsos was born in Melbourne, Australia on the 16th January 1984. This dynamic young lady has taken the sport of Figure (Bodybuilding) to a new level, by showing many of her peers what determination and believing in your self can truly accomplish.
In 2007 after training for merely 5 months in a gym, Ellena took the bodybuilding world by storm! In the space of a few months she competed in 4 different federations claiming all in all 12 titles, 8 first places.
Accomplishing all this is simply not enough for this Greek - Australian young lady; she has taken an active mentoring role in the Community, and is publishing her own articles every month in the Melbourne Greek and English Newspaper Neos Kosmos, sharing with all her trials, tribulations whilst encouraging and inspiring the community to take an active role in bettering themselves through healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise in a wholistic approach.
Ellena is quoted;
"I hope to achieve world wide acknowledgement and appreciation from the bodybuilding industry; many people are unaware as to the commitment and drive you need to have to be a competitor.
Being a role model to young Australian's during the highest ever epidemic of obesity and eating disorders is very important. I train 5 days a week, for an hour day at Dohertys Gym in Brunswick, Australia. The commitment comes first to my body and soul, learning to listen to them both, not just your mind."
Ellena
www.ellenatsatsos.com
COMING SOON!! Body Proud Enterprises!
Ellena would like to thank;
Doherty's Gym Brunswick
Maxs
Black and Blue
PKE Tanning
Mello Hair
Cherry Bombs Posing Suits
Muscle Diaries
And my business is fitness would like to thank Ellena.
Ben


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!
Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!
Ben