How To Write A Follow Up Letter After A Failed Sales Presentation

In the article headline, I use the phrase 'failed sales presentation' quite loosely, because if you were able to get the home or email address of your prospect, then all hope is not lost.

I've received quite a few emails from personal trainers asking my advice on how to write a follow up letter for times when they just weren't quite able to push the sale over the edge.

So today that's exactly what I'm going to give you guys.

Keys to a successful follow up letter:
  • Sent within 24 hours, 48 hours max
  • Thank them for their valuable time
  • Briefly acknowledge how your service matches their fitness goals as discussed during your sales presentation
  • Include any information that they may have been curious about during your presentation that you may not have been able to provide
  • You should have permission to send a follow up letter (which will be accepted by the prospect when they enter their address/email)
  • Offer the prospect something new or different from what you have already discussed
  • Alert them that you will be in contact by telephone the following day
  • Make sure all of your contact and social media details are enclosed
Personal trainer follow up letter template:
Dear {Prospects name}

It was a pleasure to meet with you today and I appreciate your interest in {your personal training business name} to guide you towards your {fitness/weight loss etc.} goals.

As you mentioned during our consultation, {example: it's extremely difficult to stay motivated and eat right and that's exactly what we specialize in as you will recall from our client testimonials you read}.

Further to our discussions I have enclosed some more information regarding your {fitness/weight loss etc.} goals that I thought you might find interesting.

I also wanted to remind you about our {current deals} and that for the next week we are also offering {something different that you haven't mentioned before}.

Finally; I know how annoying it can be to receive phone calls during dinner, so I will give you a call {make sure you do!} tomorrow at {whatever time you think will suit} to discuss your options in more detail {i.e. close the deal!}. If this time is inconvenient, please reply or contact me using the details below.

Yours in health and fitness.

You McYou

{Professional signature with logo, social media and contact details}
Besides giving your customers all of your contact details again as well as an exclusive offer, a well presented follow up letter can make the difference between a prospect choosing your business over a competitor who may send a bad one or not send one at all.

A good follow up letter also makes your follow up phone call so much more comfortable as you've developed your relationship that little bit more.

Copy/paste, edit, share, email and post this template ruthlessly to everyone who walks out of your gym or studio without a membership.

Do you currently send follow up letters? Would you be offended to receive the template that I've created above or would you be thrilled at the awesome courtesy and professionalism?

If you found this article useful, please share it on facebook and twitter by clicking on the icons at the top.

Be Awesome!

Ben

Additional Reading:
How To Make Free Fitness Promotion Brochures
How To Write A Personal Training Rate Increase Letter
How I Turned Two Hours Work Into Ten New Clients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben