Link To Part 1 of Everyone Loves A Before And After, So Here's Mine.
As promised, below is my week 4 image of my ongoing transformation and I thought I'd give you guys a brief rundown of what I've been doing...being personal trainers, I thought you might be interested :)
Over the past 4 weeks, I've been training 5 - 6 days a week, alternating body parts and gradually increasing my cardio efforts from 10 minutes per training session in the first 2 weeks to 20 minutes the past 2.
I've put on approximately 5kgs (11lbs) body weight and my strength and general fitness have increased dramatically.
Diet:
My eating, while still not stellar, is far better and far more consistent than it has been in quite sometime, for me, this has been the most difficult part of the past month to adjust to. I've also been making concerted efforts to consume at least a half a gallon of water each day (2 litres, more on training days), again, this has been very difficult.
I will go into more detail with my meal plan as the challenge continues.
Supplements:
I've been using a protein powder in the mornings, post workout and periodically before bed.
I've also been using a pre workout energy supplement for 3 of my 5 workouts and drinking 10 grams of BCAA's and 40 grams of carbs while I train (in 2 litres of water).
The supplements I use will vary over the 16 week period, but those are generally my staples, along with vitamin C and a multi vitamin.
To the pics!
| Week 1 |
| Week 4 |
1. Because I'm putting my pale skinny body where my mouth is and marketing a physique transformation
2. As Cheryne mentioned in the comments of Part 1, this is a bit of an accountability plan for myself.
If you would like any more specifics on what I'm doing or eating please feel free to ask in the comments section below and again, thank you for your support.
Oh, and if you're dazzled by my progress over the past 4 weeks, please share this post on facebook and twitter by clicking the icons at the top of this article.
I have to go eat!
Ben
Ben,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you making the change. What are your goals though? 16 weeks to do what EXACTLY? That's about 3.5 months which is plenty of time to do a solid body recomposition. What kind of supplements? FYI, here's what I use year round, bulk or cut:
-multi
-fish oil
-glucosamine/chondroitin/msm(if I'm not feeling cheap)
-some other possibly useless supplements I get when they're on sale like grape seed, cranberry, ginko, garlic, etc
-protein supplementation (blends - soy, whey, casein, milk, etc - since all have different amino acid profiles and pros/cons)
-creatine (I estimate a 10% strength boost from this)
I've used pre-workout supplements like nitric oxide. It helps a little, but doesn't justify the cost in my opinion. Also a lot of those are loaded with stimulants so that's how they get your energy up, which isn't a good way to go if you ask me.
During workout I just sip a diluted gatorade solution.
BCAAs are a waste of money IMO. You need large quantities for it to matter and it's not cheap.
Good luck!
Hey Mikhail.
ReplyDeleteGreat questions and thanks for the support.
My goal is to get back to where I look and feel my best. It's hard to say where that will be at this stage, but as my body has been changing over the past few weeks, I will be able to give you a clearer indication soon.
For now, regular resistance training, cardio and resusitating my diet are the priorities.
My diet at the moment consists of (vegetarians look away) 2-3 white meat meals and 1 red meat meal, vegetables and complex carbs. That's not including breakfast, post workout carbs/protein or my last meal.
In my next post I'll be going into more detail about my supplementation and why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Thanks again mate!