Why You NEED A Facebook Landing Page And How To Get One

First impressions are everything; in life, in business and in social media. The saying that "you never get a second chance to make a first impression" suggests that you have about 3 seconds to sell yourself, online however, I'd say that it's more like .3 of a second.

I don't know about you; but I've gone to visit websites and changed my mind because it loaded too slow, or I didn't like the colors or the layout made it difficult to navigate...and I just went somewhere else.

As more and more personal trainers come online with blogs and websites, not to mention with twitter, YouTube and facebook pages; consumers and prospects are in the drivers seat, so you need to lock them down instantly!

So that's why today I'm going to show you why you need a facebook landing page and also how to create one to make sure that your hard earned visitors 'Like' your page before they get a chance to think about it and 'Like' your competition instead.

Let's take a look at the My Business Is Fitness facebook page. The first image is just a screenshot of my Wall.


The wall is where most people send prospects. This is where information is shared and discussions develop and that's fantastic, but to a first time visitor it's like being dropped out of a helicopter into a heavy metal mosh pit. They don't know who the band is and all the see is arms and legs flying everywhere...and instinctively, they want to leave and this is bad.

So that's why I created a landing page. My landing page is very simple, it's branded in alluring MBIF black and it gives a very subtle message, "LIKE' THIS PAGE!"


This is actually a new landing page that I created last night in my bid to re brand all of my social media channels more directly.

So based on that quick demonstration, do you see how arriving at a landing page gives a clearer indication of what someone is about to get into? I'm not trying to waste anyones time with my facebook page. I hope that at a glance it says "If you're a personal trainer that is serious about your career...fcuking click 'Like'!".

Oh and it's not just me; here are just a few that I thought I'd share:

Pop Culture Brands Like Diet Coke Have One.


Iconic Brands Like Levi's Have One:


Even Shrek Has One!


As a bare minimum; your landing page should:
  • Create a call to action. i.e. To Like the page
  • Introduce your brand
  • Distinguish who you are at a glance
  • Capture the visitors attention
  • Arouse curiosity
So how do you get your own landing page?

My landing page is an image that I created which is hosted through a service called Pagemodo.

Pagemodo is a fantastic service and you can spend time designing your own graphic using their relatively easy to navigate software. However, the fastest, most simple option (and what I did) is to upload a pre-designed branded jpeg image into their free hosting service and call it a day.

Depending on your creative streak, time availability and access to design software; I make branded, custom facebook landing pages (amongst other things) for all my clients for only $50.00. Just send me an email at ben.londons@gmail.com and we can discuss your branding solutions further.

Have you begun to move your business and clients away from your personal facebook profile to a business page? How much business is facebook giving you? Do you think that facebook is a passing fad?

If you haven't already; head over to the My Business Is Fitness facebook page here and if you enjoyed this article, please share it on facebook and twitter and have a great day!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben