Love Personal Training Long Time

When you sign up a new client and they say things like "I want to lose 20lbs or (10kgs) in 2 weeks!" what would you say to them?

You're crazy, can't be done, not healthy, no problem? Probably one of the first three if you're being honest.

The same can be said about business, especially the fitness business. If you came to me and said "Ben, I want to retire in 6 months, let's rock!" I would probably say that "you came to the right place, give me a million dollars and we'll get right on that!"



Most (and I say 'most' quite loosely) fitness professionals understand that it takes time to build a stable client base; what most don't realise is that figuring out who is going to make up that stable client base can take just as long.

7 Fast, Easy and DAILY Marketing Tips Below!

It's not the quantity of clients, rather the quality that will make your business something of value, that will get you out of bed every morning and keep you back late at night vacuuming the floor.

Personal training is not an easy job nor is it a short cut to fame and riches. Yes you could probably wrangle yourself a free gym membership and maybe even a discount at the health food store, but that's about it as far as perks go.

Any personal trainer that's been in the game for some time knows what's going on in the industry and most of them don't subscribe to any empty promises or new fads. They embrace change but do so on their own terms.

Most new trainers are about as busy as The Rock's bodyguard at a Sting concert and rather than sitting around waiting for clients to appear should embrace that quieter period of their career and use that time to refine their skills rather than complain and blame everyone else that they're not making money.

If a trainer can run through a certain amount of marketing daily...not weekly or monthly but daily for 3 years consistently, they will have built a business that will set them up for life.

That daily marketing could be:
  • 5 phone calls to past clients
  • 5 phone calls to lead box names
  • 5 emails to local businesses making them some kind of offer
  • A facebook update
  • A Blog Post
  • Newsletter
  • High-five some gym members
In the time that it takes to say "personal training sucks!" or "this area isn't any good for business" or whatever excuse you could come up with you could have made 2 phone calls or copy pasted your letter of offer and whacked 'send'.

"Love personal training long time and it will be so horny..."

If you enjoyed this article, please share it on facebook and twitter by kerplunking the icons at the top of this post and if I missed any important yet disturbing stereotypes, please feel free to comment below.

Just sayin...

Ben

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it... So many trainers in my gym complain about not being busy. I am super busy but still love chatting to people who are not even my clients. When I suggest the same to these trainers they think I am mental.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben