Anne Johansson Personal Trainer Spotlight

Today's personal trainer spotlight is focused on Anne Johansson, an extremely proactive and savvy business minded fitness professional from the UK.

Anne has been a personal trainer for over 7 years spending time in Sweden and the UK and is the proud owner operator of AJ Fitness based in Cornwall. Her story is truly inspiring for anyone who wants to take the next step and go it alone.

What type of Personal Training business are you operating at the moment?

I have my own personal training studio/gym and also do mobile personal training in peoples homes or outdoors. After working in a big commercial gym for a long time I find it more beneficial to work for myself and do it my way.

Did you try or did you consider trying any other business models?

I've been employed and subcontracted and find being self employed the best way for me.

What was it that inspired you to become a personal trainer?

I love fitness and to make people feel good so it made perfect sense to put them together and make a career out of it.

Do you specialize in a particular type of training for your clients?

GP referral scheme is one of my specialised areas and I really enjoy training people with medical conditions and see then improving there general health lifestyle.

Why did you make this decision?

I like the idea that you can improve by exercising instead of or as well as taking medication.

How well did your personal training accreditation course prepare you for the real world of operating a personal training business and choosing this particular niche?

After doing my initial fitness instructor course with WABBA, I got a job in a gym and for the next 6 years I stayed at the same place and studied at the same time as working and achieved my personal training diploma. The tutors were great and came to see me at work and made sure I did all my exams with confidence.

Could you briefly describe the last promotion you ran?

I constantly run promotions and I'm running a Christmas promotion at the moment. 10 weeks for £225 for 10 sessions or 20 sessions in 10 weeks for £400. This is to get clients coming in before Christmas and use all there sessions up so they can renew after new year when they will want to get started again!

What type of marketing has had the greatest return in terms of new clients?

Internet is a brilliant tool and source for marketing . Most of my clients find me through my website or through network sites (“network cornwall” is brilliant). With personal training I find that its a lot of word of mouth and results to get you clients!

How important is your personal branding to your business?

My business is called AJ Fitness based on my name and I want to promote a healthy lifestyle and everything I stand for so it is important. Any future employees would have to have similar views in regards to health and fitness and people skills.
What advice would you give a new personal trainer just getting into the industry?

Be honest to your clients and to yourself. Make them set reasonable goals that you know they can achieve and have fun!

What is the best part of being a personal trainer for you?

Everyday is different and you get to meet so many lovely and amazing people. Can’t think of any better job!

And the toughest?

There isn’t many but if I were to say one it would be that you never know how much you are going to earn as people can get sick or cancel sessions.

Is there one thing you would have done differently if you had to start all over again?

Started as a personal trainer earlier! :)

Is there someone you most admire in business?

My dad.

Why is that?

He has built up a big building company from nothing and he is now my inspiration.

What is the best piece of business advice you have ever received?

Save for your tax return!

And finally; what has been your proudest moment as a personal trainer?

When i opened my own personal training studio now in June 2010 and when one of my clients finished his first half marathon at the age of 57 after losing 4 stone!

Thank you Anne!

Anne Johansson
AJ Fitness
Personal Trainer Aerobics Instructor
Unit 6, School Close, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 3EN
07773 797306
01637 851550
anne@ajfitness.co.uk

Related Articles:
Ellena Tsatsos Personal Trainer Spotlight
Greg Hain Personal Trainer Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben