Before And After Progress: Week 5 Pics

OK, we're up to week 5 and I've just taken my pics!

Taking the week 4 image and comparing my progress to the week 1 disaster has definitely been a major motivating factor to my consistency and determination for week number 5 of my personal transformation.

Resistance Training:

This week I focused on heavier weights. Now that my body has become accustom to training again from the first 4 weeks, it was time to take things up a level.

I rarely use any machines (unless you count the treadmill) and I have not done and do not plan on doing one burpee over this 16 week period.

My compound exercises have all increased in weight by at least 3 times since week one and I'm rapidly closing in on the kinds of weights I was throwing around 12 months ago.

I also started doing abdominal specific exercises twice a week.

Cardio:

My cardio has gone up a notch also. Doing a 10 minute easy treadmill warm up before every workout except legs, where I jump on the bike and at least 20 minutes at the end of every workout.

Fat loss has not been a priority over the past 5 weeks. Getting my strength back and increasing my cardiovascular endurance has. I have not done a skin fold and I will be avoiding the scales for the next 3 weeks.

My body only really carries fat around my midsection and lower back (as the images show) so I will monitor my fat loss over the next 2 weeks with the aforementioned cardio strategy. Pending how that goes, I may incorporate some early morning cardio, but this is not a concern at this stage.

Eating:

Eating has been 70% on the money. Have not missed many meals at all and my water consumption has also been pretty close to spot on.

Have had some difficulty with evening meal preparation, quite simply due to being completely wiped out, but that is also improving gradually.

Eating has been the same as in week 4...I call it, "The Vegetarians Nightmare Diet".

Again...this is why I'm taking 16 weeks and not the traditional 12. My goal is to completely transform my life and develop a realistic eating/training strategy that I can manage for ever!

Sleep:

Sleep has also improved. Working on a sleeping routine is always difficult as there are always things coming up, but I'm determined to get some regularity in that department.

To The Pics!

Week 1

Week 4

Week 5
Looks like my holiday tan has faded already, but there's definite improvements! My waist has come in some and my shoulders and chest look like I have, well, shoulders and a chest again!

I'm sticking to these 'relaxed' front pics until week 8 when I'll bust out a few poses to compare as we move forward towards my goals.

Week 5 Shirt
If you're wondering what the t-shirt pic is for...I bought that shirt about 6 months ago and it fit me perfectly well, it did up to 4 weeks ago, in fact it was loose on me. That's a large and it looks like I bought it in the kids section!

Now on to week 6 and getting closer to the half way point. This week will be planned very similarly to week 5, however my consistency should improve as the routine of eating and training is really starting to come together.

BRING ON WEEK 6!!!

If you enjoyed this update, please share it on facebook and twitter, I genuinely appreciate the support!

Don't forget to come back to My Business Is Fitness next week for my week 6 image and update!

Train hard!

Ben

The Full Progression Articles:
Before And After Week 1
Before And After Week 4

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done Ben. Excellent effort!! Looking good.

    KR

    Lara
    www.eassistantservices.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lara, really appreciate the support! And thank you to all of the people who have 'liked' and shared this article!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben