Before And After Progress - Week 9

In case you were wondering...my 16 week transformation is still going strong; In fact, it's been going GREAT GUNS and I've taken my training and diet up a notch!

Diet

Over the past 2 weeks I've been rejigging my diet by adding more calories to accommodate my heavier lifting. I've been getting the extra calories by increasing my fats and adding more oat bran throughout the day.

Training

Training hasn't changed too much except I've shortened my rest between sets and am now doing 5 exercises per body part. I've also locked into a 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off training split and that's been suiting my recovery perfectly. I'm training each body part every 6-7 days continuing to focus on compounds and body weight exercises.

I have started training abdominal infrequently and will be sticking to my '7 minute a week' ab program for the remaining 7 weeks.

Cardio

Still 20 minutes of bike at the end of my resistance training, though I've dropped it back to twice a week to accommodate my new weight training program.

To the pics.

The difference between Week 6 and Week 9 is AWESOME!


My goal over the past 3 weeks has been to add more size and tighten my mid-section and I've definitely achieved that!

My shoulders and chest are filling out and my traps have begun to show themselves from the front (finally).

Am very happy with the improvements and will be continuing the same program this week, however I'll be playing with my carbs some...so stay tuned to see how that works out!

CAUTION!

I thought I'd recap with a quick comparison between Week 1 and Week 9.

The week 1 image frightens children and small pets, so please have them look away now...


Let me know what you think in the comments below and please share my transformation update on twitter and facebook by military pressing the icons at the top of this post!

Thanks for reading.

Ben

6 comments:

  1. Hey Ben, You look awesome- well done- you are an inspiration! Details of the 7 minute Ab workout would be great! What dedication, YUMMMMMEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ben, you really are doing very very well and the difference is amazing. I'm just 2.5 kilos from my goal weight now. I decided enough was enough and just before Xmas ramped up my training to include 3 bootcamps, 2 mums n bubs training sessions with @boxtrain1 and a run every week. 5 kilos down, 2.5 to go. I'm feeling great and loving all the extra exercise.

    Looking forward to reading more about your transformation.

    Lara
    e-assistant services

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ben. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cheryne Thank you for the comment and the 7 minute ab workout will be revealed in due time! Haha

    @Lara Congratulations on your results, doesn't it feel incredible!! I've had a few people ask me about goal weight and BF% etc. but I'm just going by the mirror and how I feel and it's working fantastic!

    @Ellie Thank you...and thanks for commeting on FB :) I'm looking fwd to haring more about your world record attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation Ben! 20 minutes of cardio after lifting weights helps you cool down your muscles. Your mid section and chest progressed the most and i can now see a glimpse of your wings. Also you should show some photos of your triceps and your body while flexing. Congratulations on the transformation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben