MBIF Weekly Wrap Up

This week has gone so fast...I hope you managed to tick off some goals along the way! I like to sit down at the end of each week and reflect on what I have and haven't achieved and whether I'm moving in the right direction.

I use to beat myself up if I didn't get everything done, but you know what, it's OK not to achieve everything that you may have planned. Things happen that we have no control over, we all have bad days when the juices just don't flow or maybe we've set our expectations too high (not that there's anything wrong with that).

My goals this week were to re brand my facebook page and twitter account which I'm happy to say I completed. I also wanted to spend some time on my LinkedIn profile and film some videos; but unfortunately they've been bumped to next week.

I was however able to get my 4 articles posted, all of my workouts and meals in, so...tick, tick and tick.

Speaking of the 4 articles, you may have noticed 2 of them were about facebook this week. The first was:

How To Make A Facebook Ad

I wrote this article for the complete novice facebook marketer and tried to add some things that I've learnt running facebook ads that more experienced advertisers may have not been aware of or forgotten about.

I don't claim to be a 'facebook marketing expert'...far from it, but I have picked up a few little tricks over the years after running a variety of different promotions.

10 Things NOT To Do When Starting A Personal Training Business

Sometimes people get too far ahead of themselves and this inevitably ends in disappointment. I attribute the high turnover rate of personal trainers to unrealistic expectations, either created by themselves or the accreditation bodies.

I wrote this article for the person who may have just finished their course and thinks that they just earned a license to print money...nothing could be further from the truth.

Don't quit your job, don't spend all of your money on fancy business stationary...JUST GET SOME CLIENTS!

Why You Need A Facebook Landing Page

As I mentioned, this week I worked on re branding several of my social media channels...so I thought I'd write about it.

I see so many fitness facebook pages sending visitors straight to their walls with no call to action and I'll be honest with you...if you're sending people to your wall, you're probably missing out on AT LEAST 50% of your conversion to 'fans'.

If my post doesn't convince you to invest some time into organising one let me know...if it's good enough for mega-brands like Coca Cola and Levi's, it's good enough for us mere mortals.

Why I love The Fitness Industry

As you may or may not know...It took me 5 years to finally get off my ass and become a personal trainer. Not because I was lazy, because I didn't know that's what I really wanted to do.

In this post I speak candidly about those 5 years of no direction, how I came to the fitness industry and why I'm still here almost 14 years later.

Your mission should you choose to accept it:

Spend 10 minutes reflecting on the past week and what you really achieved. Look over your week like you'd go over a clients food diary and see exactly where you went right and wrong and make adjustments to make sure that next week is even better!

Have a great weekend!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben