Before And After Progress - Week 12

I MADE THE 3 MONTH MARK BABY!

OK, just had to get that off my chest. :)

12 weeks in and I haven't taken a pic or updated since week 9 and to be honest, I wasn't too excited about taking the 3 month pic after the celebration 'binge' I went on over the weekend.

The past 3 weeks have seen little change in my training, however I did play around with my meal plans. Since I knew I wasn't taking any pics for several weeks, I thought that this was a good time to try a few things.



Week 10 I went on a low carb high fat diet. Carbs in the morning and mostly nuts and oils with my protein and vegetable meals for the rest of the day. I'm sure you've heard of people having some good results with this type of eating, but after a solid week, I can safely say, it's not for my body.

Week 11 I went back to carbs. Mostly sweet potato and a serve of white rice with my pre and post workout meals. This was much better and my metabolism went into overdrive. The only problem I found was the sugar cravings became incredibly overwhelming.

Week 12 (besides the weekend) I used a combination of both and found that this helped both aspects of what I'm trying to achieve with my new lifestyle. I felt satisfied and my energy levels were awesome!

I've slightly increased my cardio and as I come into the final 4 weeks, will be doing some morning walking and abdominal exercises to get me firing for the day.

Had a few difficulties with appetite this week already, I'm guessing because I'm so clogged up from the grease pit I devoured on Sunday.

Anywho...As you will see from the update image below, things are really starting to come in. The 'puffiness' I had at week 9 is subsiding and I've reduced a lot of fat from the midsection.

My weight is the same as week 12, so that is a clear indication that I'm not sacrificing muscle with the lower calorie eating.


I'm not ecstatic with this weeks results, but that's a good thing as it's motivating me to take it up a notch for this week.

I am happy with the improvements on my midsection as my obliques are hinting their way through the fat. My shoulders are more defined and my traps are no longer just a part of my neck.

This week I'll be focusing on heavy lifting with minimal cardio, but keeping my diet spot on.

Next week, I'll begin the morning cardio sessions and reduce my resistance workouts
to 4 per week as I'm starting to feel a little run down again. I want to finish out the final 2 weeks with a full tank of gas to bring it home.

Oh, in case you missed the week 1 image; here it is alongside week 12:


If you enjoyed this update, please share it on facebook and twitter and thank you once again for entertaining my personal journey back to health and awesomeness! :)

Train hard!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben