Today I thought I'd share some easy, proven methods to easily generate business, re-motivate yourself and hopefully inspire exsisting, past or future clients to train with you.
This is a basic list of ten ideas that I've used over the years, not only in my personal training business but some are relevant to membership sales, lead generation, club management and even supplement sales.
There are many different ways to grow your business and I will post more in the future, though for today here are ten to get you started:
1. Call 10 of your ex-clients and find out what they’re up to. Are they still training, are they still living in the area? You should have plenty to talk about if you got to know them as a client, show them you care and see if they want to come in for a session, maybe they want to bring a friend.
2. Call 10 of your existing clients and ask them to come in 15 minutes early to their next session to sit down and quickly discuss how things are going etc. You never know, after speaking to you, they may hang up and start talking about how great you are to a friend or colleague that has been thinking about getting a personal trainer.
3. Hand out business cards, along with a brief profile containing client testimonials at the gym reception. Hand out 20 or 30 of them and in the next few days, casually go up to the people you gave them to, introduce yourself and ask if they had a chance to browse over your information. Have some more with you in case they didn’t.
4. Arrange a brief sit down with your fitness centre manager to discuss upcoming gym promotions. Most proactive clubs will have a 3 to 6 month marketing strategy in place, so why not find out if there is anything you can offer your services to.
5. Help 10 people on the gym floor. Be sure to choose them carefully though as you don’t want to offend anyone. A subtle way is to simply help someone unload a machine or offer a spot. Don’t stick around too long if you get a bad vibe, but still introduce yourself and be on your way. The next time you see them I guarantee they won’t be hostile.
6. Arrange a promotion with a similar business, such as a health food store or gym equipment retailer. This may take longer than a day to organise, but call a few stores and see if it’s something they might be interested in.
7. Take one of your colleagues for a free session. Again choose carefully. Perhaps someone you don’t really know or one of the more successful membership consultants. This is a great way to get to know someone and you’d be surprised how many fitness centre employees have never had a personal training session!
8. Sign up for a further education course. Maybe you have been thinking of a particular one for sometime, or you need to do some quick research. Either way, get off your backside and sign up!
9. Reread your business mission statement, or if you don’t have one, write one! Again, a fitness professional is an entrepreneur. You should have targets and plans for your business in place.
10. SMILE
Ben
People Who Read This Article Also Enjoyed:
Personal Training Is Hard Work
10 Personal Training Business Tips
Special Report: The Secret To Client Retention
Outsource Your Personal Training Business
My name is Paul Osborne I was browsing internet and found your blog. The author did a great job. I will subscribe to your RSS feeds. Thank you for your contribution. I am a web designer myself. And here some examples of the websites that I designed for payday loan online payday loans company.
ReplyDeleteHi Paul. Thank you for the kind words. I checked out your site, very good work, I wish you continued success.
ReplyDeleteBen
I really like this post, very informative and great ideas that i will be trying out on Monday. Will let you you know how it goes! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.
ReplyDeleteJess
Thanks Jess!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you already do a lot of the things I mentioned, but taking one day to really push your personal training business's brand can return some amazing results!
Good luck!