Personal Training Brainstorm

Off the top of my head, I just came up with 10 different ways someone could make money from their personal training business and not actually do any personal training:
  1. Ebook
  2. Blog
  3. Personal Training Consultation
  4. Affiliates
  5. Sponsorship
  6. Endorsements
  7. YouTube
  8. Promotions
  9. Modelling
  10. Outsourcing
Admittedly, I've written about several of these activities before, but that wasn't brainstorming, that was just thinking of a few things that I've done to earn extra money over the years.

Today's goal is to come up with 10 or 20 or 100 different ways that YOU can make extra money with your fitness business. You could just copy that list and call it a day, but that won't give you any value and we're all about value here!

I've mentioned this before on my business is fitness; you can only train so many clients a day, a week, a year; so your income is limited by the hands of time and your own physical and mental well being.

Wouldn't it be great if you could earn more money doing something you love; better yet, earn money while you're sleeping?

I don't know you, but I think you're awesome; so we're going to do some brainstorming on what you think you could do within your business that would generate extra cash and also build your authority in your community and also the fitness industry.

What I've noticed with brainstorming is that you can't force it or just make the magic happen; but often when the magic appears, you're driving, or you don't have a pen and paper, or it's three o'clock in the morning or you're holding a ladder for someone, so sometimes you have to get yourself set then get into the zone.

My formula for a productive brainstorming session is as follows:
  • Workout: Nothing clears your head like a hard workout or run. 
  • Eat: After the workout, you have to eat, so have something light and nutritious. Nothing fatty or high in sugars as that will bog you down fast and we want this session to go longer than 15 minutes!
  • Take A Shower: You probably smell, that's why! A shower will also invigorate you and get you juiced to come up with some ideas.
  • Get Some Big Sheets Of Paper Or Cardboard And A Magic Marker Or Fat Pencil: You won't need an eraser, there are no wrong answers in brainstorming!
  • MUSIC: I put on something I really like that gets my mind off everything else. I like to start writing down ideas while the music is on and just go with it.
While you're brainstorming money making ideas you want to write down EVERYTHING you can think of that could net you more sweet cash; you can't stop or judge yourself, for that split second you thought your idea was worthy, so get it down!

Once you have your list, look over it and write a dollar amount next to each activity. 

This amount could be what you think you could earn if you did it for 12 months or 5 years. The activities with the highest amounts are generally a good indication of what you will most enjoy doing.

For me, writing and helping people is what I love. My latest brainstorm list for this blog resulted in ebooks and consultations having the highest dollar amounts next to them and that tells me that's what I should be doing...so I am.

I have just finished the first my business is fitness ebook on client retention which will be available quite soon and my free consultation offer is also proving very successful (and almost finished, so get on it!).

Since then I have started another ebook which is a 'how to' for a particular personal trainer promotion that I always had great results with in my business.

These ideas, the blog itself, the t-shirts I'm having printed and the hundred or so other things I have brewing are all the result of brainstorming and taking action.

Opportunities are endless, time isn't, so get started!

Ben

Additional Reading:
Outsource Your Personal Training Business
Personal Trainer Blogging Advice And Tips
10 Personal Training Business Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment superstar! Don't forget to subscribe by entering your email in the box on the top right!

Also, become a fan on Facebook and follow my shenanigans on Twitter @mybizisfitness...phew!

Ben