Even on your best day it can be tough to maintain enthusiasm and tick every box on your to do list, much less on days when you feel flat and exhausted.
They say (and they are rarely wrong) that the secret to success is consistently taking action; so it makes sense to find systems and resources that work for you, so you're able to maintain a steady flow of enthusiasm and productivity and ultimately; progressive results and success.
Here are 5 ways that might help you become as successful as you are awesome:
1. Continually Educate Yourself
Every single day you wake up with the same opportunity as everyone else to create the life that you want to achieve.
If you're not educating yourself in some way, be it through books, reading, watching or listening to quality online content or speaking to smart people, you're wasting the chance to improve yourself and become who you deserve to be.
2. Work When Your Energy Levels Are At There Peaks
Some people are morning people, some are evening. Figure out what times of the day you're at your mental and physical peaks and plan your tasks accordingly.
Train your body when you are at your physical peak and tackle your most mentally demanding responsibilities when your brain is at full capacity.
I personally feel more creative in the morning, have more physical energy in the afternoons and more analytical tendencies in the evenings. So my routine goes something like:
- Early morning brainstorming sessions and compile to do lists (they're generally unrealistic because I'm so creative, but I write them down anyway). This is the time I come up with my blog posts for example. I'll write down a bunch of ideas and bullet points and not really think about the practicality of it all...just let it flow.
- Afternoon physical training. I've tried early morning training, I've tried lunch time sessions, but come 6pm I'm ready to push dumbbells through the ceiling. I do train earlier in the day on weekends, but I like to relax after training, not have to do stuff! Besides; between 8 and 10pm I'm probably at an energy lull, so I don't even attempt to be creative.
- The evening is my analytical time (FYI I consider 10pm - 1am evening). This is when I sit down and reflect on my day; go through my creative notes from the morning and write with my version of sensibility.
By setting daily goals and allocating time to action them, you're setting yourself up for success. Setting daily goals also encourages you to work more efficiently, therefore freeing up more time to do things like workout, prepare healthy meals and spend quality time educating yourself.
Never let your day guide you. Things get pushed back, or missed and you have no idea how to prioritize your tasks or take advantage of the energy peaks we discussed earlier.
4. Take Some YOU Time
Each day should have some time built in for you. Use this time for reflection, meditation or whatever you need to do to relax. This time should give you the opportunity to take an objective look at what is going well in your life and what needs attention and improvement.
This is the time when you can day dream and visualise your goals or spend it with friends and family.
5. Fine-Tune And Adjust Your Strategy Often
We are all works in progress, and being successful involves making adjustments to ensure that we're making the right choices and decisions.
If things aren't working out the way you intended, you need to be honest, take a step back and see what you can do to improve upon what works and what doesn't in your daily routine.
I hope that this gives you some ideas and as always; if you enjoyed this article, please share it on twitter and facebook by clicking the icons at the top of the post and comment if you have anything you would like to add!
Additional Reading:
10 Things You can Do Today To Build Your Business
10 Personal Trainer Business Tips
Personal Training Is Hard Work

Good one Ben. Funny thing is it took me 2 days to read this! Between flicking back and forth from facebook and other tasks! haha
ReplyDelete